Thread: Being safe
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Being safe

The week started on Tuesday due to a mini vacation with the family. We were out mowing for my biggest customer that involves 600 miles of driving to get all of the locations. While traveling to one of the sites I turned off of the main highway onto a two lane road. While approaching a small hill a black car appears traveling in my direction halfway in my lane. I instantly applied my brakes and started for the side as the other driver (an 81 year old woman) totally locks her car down. I did all I could to avoid her but it just did not happen. The end result is my little Nissan truck and trailer are now totalled and property of her insurance company. It is my opininion that if my mower was not strapped down it would have either landed in the grass and totalled it or even worse it would have landed on the cab and totalled me and my helper. Take that extra minute and strap those mowers down guys, you just never know.

On the bright side I have now purchased a truck I have had my eye on for a while and have been to tight with my money to buy even though I actually needed it.
Attached Images

Page generated in 0.04455 seconds with 8 queries