View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Awesome! I am stoked that I am the first one to reply! Good move getting into the industry.... WARNING.... guys on here will tell you that you made a mistake. They will say "why did you leave a great job with health insurance and security?" Don't listen to them... Life is way too short so you should definitely do what you love and what makes you happy.. You can learn the trade no problem as it sounds that you have some experience and you aren't afraid to get your hands dirty. This forum is absolutely invaluable as a reference and a tool... But take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt. Some people are just haters and want to give bad advice on purpose. For specific knowledge, look up older threads from about the year 2000 up to 2008... This is when the site was rockin with really good info, big companies, and smart men and women. Don't get me wrong there is still all of that on here now but it seems like there is a lot more garbage mixed in now-a-days... Here is your homework... Read Procuts thread- "How to fail in the lawn business 1 and 2" .... And then after that, take a look at ETW's(earth turf and wood) thread in the pictures section and also Pro Turf's thread in the same section. Perfect examples of what not to do and what to do.... Good Luck and Welcome!

Page generated in 0.03412 seconds with 7 queries