Thread: Gravely 460
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
I did demo a Ferris but didnt like how the deck moved with the suspension. The Gravely rides just as good and I would say even better because no vibration is felt by the operator due to the rubber isolated platforms. The combination of the air seat and rubber isolated platforms is the best IMO. Plus the Gravely deck does not move which could change the pitch and effect cut quality. I did not experience scalping with the ferris but I have read others have.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thats exactly what I had expected also.. I was at a fair last year when I saw a brand new ferris out. I wasnt able to drive it or anything but after sitting on it and standing on the platform and looking at how it worked, it seemed like with the deck moving with the suspension, it seemed like the cutting height and everything would change whenever the suspension moved.. I envisioned a lot of scalping. But then again who knows, I dont want to talk bad about a mower without actually trying it out myself. Other than that one issue, I really liked the looks of the mower, seemed to be built really well
2002 F250 supercab 5.4
2005 Exmark 52" Lazer Z HP
2013 Gravely Pro-Turn 460
2004 Exmark Metro 48" Walkbehind
redmax and Husky blowers and trimmers
1990 John Deere small tractor
2012 8.5x18 with a 3' V Enclosed trailer

Page generated in 0.04235 seconds with 7 queries