View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 08:33 AM
LawnSite Member

There isn't too many people in our area that have you sign a contract for work of any sorts. Big jobs or new houses they might. Maybe we have a different mindset around here.

However the I have been wanting to or thinking I should get contracts since more people are trying to get extra work out of us for free. Like I said I spell out in the proposal what we are going to do.

One reason I haven't done them is a time issue. I am looking at 3-5 yards a week and more here in the spring. Each one usually takes a couple hours at the minimum to come up with the price, come up with a sketch and write up a proposal and many of them take longer. I barely have time to meet with them the first time let a lone go back a second time to have them sign a contract. I just have them send me a 1/3 down before we start the work if they agree to what is in the proposal.

I have done quite a bit for our city and never signed a contract they just used the proposal as the agreement.

I know at some point I will say I wish I had a contract for this job. I have been trying to work on getting it started. The biggest thing I have to deal with is plants so am having them sign a sheet that they understand how to care for them and what we will and won't guarantee. They think since they watered it once it should live all year.

Page generated in 0.04325 seconds with 7 queries