View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I actually bought mine from a feller in Georgia. I bought it in 2007, its a 2000 model and had 90k miles on it. It also had the dovetail. I paid 6000$ for it and had to put 4 tires on it <the front were new> that cost 700$. Its been a good truck, I did do alot of stuff to it over the winter, but thats after 5 years of my use. As far as I know it was never a rental truck, if I remember the car fax showed 3 previous owners.

I literally checked on ebay, local paper and truck trader at least once a week. I had found a 1993 that the feller wanted 3000$, and the dovetail would have cost me another 1500$ to 2000$ to get one made up, so I was thrilled to get my truck for 6k.

Be sure if you get one with "wheel wells" that your mowers will fit.

Theres usuall a truck lot in every city selling used penskee trucks, and Iwould imagine that they will deal some. For something 4 to 5 years old plant to spend atleast 10k and a dove tail is likley 2k nowadays.

Dont know how handy you are but "older" box trucks are real cheap. Ive often thought abot getting one just to use for storage

Page generated in 0.03643 seconds with 7 queries