View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Need an outside opinion

Stopped by a customers yard today to talk about some options for controlling the grassy weeds in her Bermuda. We talked a while and I walked around her yard. She said that her son in law had applied something called "All seasons" back in mid March. I have never heard of this product so I asked her where he got it and she said the hardware store. I'm not sure if this is strictly a fertilizer or if it had weed control or something else in it, but I know it's not a quality product.

The Bermuda is just now starting to come in and during the walk around I noticed that the tips of the leaves are yellow. I brought this up to her and asked her again if she knew exactly what he put down. Of course, she didn't. She did say that he put down two bags of material, one on her front lawn and the second on the back. Keep in mind, this yard is just shy of 6k. So I immediately thought he had applied to much fert and burned the yard. Is this a safe assumption, or could it be a negative effect of a weed control product? I told her I would find out exactly what was going on and get back with her.

On to the second part of my question. I identified the grassy weed in the picture as quack grass, is this accurate or are we dealing with dallis grass? And to take that farther, what are some of your choice products to deal with grassy weeds? I explained to her that if the Bermuda is in fact suffering from fert burn, I will not apply any product at this time to control the grassy weeds. I know that it will go away during the hotter part of the year and I can keep the lawn healthy with proper mowing practices.
Attached Images

Page generated in 0.04326 seconds with 8 queries