Thread: Dethatching
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Cool season is the one I talk about and KBG/PR are our 2 main culprits... e-how and/or wiki. are not necessarily giving good information and certainly doesn't deal with the 'whys' and 'wherefores' adequately...

I remember when CONVENTIONAL WISDOM was that you really dug out the thatch with a Spring raking and of course, I believed them.... Once I started analysing what was really happening and how barespots are actually created and the Spring raking exasperated the issue I had to rethink the entire schedule for cultural practices...

Slowly,,, our horticulture/lawn dept. at the extension offices are catching up to what is good for CentroWisco and what is not good... they've done a 180 on the Spring dethatch/verticut thing... well almost 180...

I'm waiting for them to discuss fixing barespots in the Spring, rather than pre-m to keep the barespot bare for the entire season of pounding irrigation water...
I try not to come off as a jerk,,, but I suppose there are lots of sensitive people coming into the industry and I should try a little harder to be NICE... I'm too old to be PC and coddling the emotions of a MAN is just sick...

Page generated in 0.03886 seconds with 7 queries