View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealcutter View Post
I hear you Larry, was out bidding work this week a call from an elder gentleman. Last guy sent letter out he is going out of business. I walk the property and he said wants full maintenance from spring to fall. I take all my notes and tell him I will call him back. I work up the price for all the services, and break them down. Since we only do service agreements for residential, we bill for each service as completed. Long story short I bid $55 for the lawn cutting only each week, he said WOW the last guy charged me $25 a cut and did it for me for 30 years. $25 a cut and would add $10-15 for added services, he was also traveling about 30 miles each way. I told him my price is what it is and I though I was giving him a deal because my min. is $60. No wonder why his guy is not doing it any longer, I don't think he was breaking even on it. I get at least 1 call like this every two weeks the whole country must be loaded with them.
The difference between "landscapers" and "business owners". All business owners can be landscapers, but not all landscapers can be business owners.

Page generated in 0.03441 seconds with 7 queries