View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I have maybe 8or 10 lawns out of hundreds that have "some" Centipede in the existing lawn. I do not treat any Centipede lawns so to speak. My main concern is not killing what the customer has as "part" of their lawn.
I usually use a higher nitrogen lower potassium granular fertilizer at a very low rate and spot spray weeds with herbicides I know are safe for use in Centipede. Our soils are acidic here so that is generally not a big concern. With so little to treat, and in scattered patches like it is, I can't really justify a "special" program just for centipede.

It seems like(at least with what I deal with here) Centipede almost does as well with almost nothing done with/to it as it does with constant attention. That's been my experience with it anyway...

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor

Page generated in 0.03940 seconds with 7 queries