View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Update.

Client called to thank me for doing a great job. Originally he told me his brother would do everything-remove all bushes, lava rock, the mound, grind stumps etc.

They dug up all bushes except for the holly as seen in pic below. They dug up the "easy" plants lol. Now he wants me to give a quote to remove everything including the mound of dirt & grind out stumps. Wants a fixed price. Removing the mound of dirt is going to be a pain in the ass. There is a sprinkler system in the mound I'll have to cap off somehow. I bet the client has no idea where the sprinkler pipes are. I can get the holly out with a sawzall.

Client said give me your "best" price, we are retired Navy, Blah blah blah. lol. Said to call his wife-she makes the big $ decisions, lol. Hey dude, I was inside your $800K home this morning & saw all your gold everywhere.

My first quote was $2500 to remove everything. I think my quote when I call Mrs Client tomorrow, will be $2500. No way am I going to do a job like this for cheap.

Any advice guys?

Ariens Rear Tine Tiller
(6) Trailers:
5x12, 6x12, 6x14, 8x16, 7x18, 6x22
Asus Transformer Infinity TY700 Tablet
Galaxy S3
Bananalogist

If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur.

Red Adair

Page generated in 0.03803 seconds with 7 queries