View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 07:41 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowinginva View Post
I'm in Richlands, VA which is waaaay down in the southwest corner of the state, about 2 1/2 hours southwest of Roanoke and about 1 1/2 hours from the TN state line. Like you, we only have a few "big" and "professional" companies (if you can call them big). Especially with the economy the way it is, there are also a lot of solos and other people helping to keep the prices low. I used to own an LLC with my siblings but now only solo parttime. From my experience, I have found that if you do a good job, are dependable, and price reasonably, you can do very well here. There aren't too many professionals here, so if you conduct yourself professionally, you have an advantage. I have often wondered what it would be like owning a lawn care business in a more urban area such as in NJ where I used to live - how it would compare to here.
I'm a hour north of roanoke. From what I have seen in my area I'm one of the only ones who wears a uniform, has a logo and slogan, and keeps there equipment clean. I've given only 4 quotes this season and land 1 so far. I know my prices are high than a lot of solos but just a little under the bigger llc. Left a quote yesterday that the lady had another company mow at. I had to ask who did because it was over the top horrible looking. She wouldnt tell me the name but if I get the job it will be on higher quality services and being professional. It is hard to find quality clients in my area. Most people just want it shorter for less. This being my second year I am trying to brand my business and find the quality clients over the large number of I just want it for cheaper clients.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03699 seconds with 7 queries