View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
Unfortunately Mark you're one of the very few I've ever heard say that. Ask yourself this, would I be living in a home if I didn't have money? The list goes on. It's a matter of management that counts. Money makes the world go around. Didn't you know that? LOL
I had a feeling someone would respond this way.

I didn't say I don't need money, I said I don't love it. It is absolutely necessary to live. But, my goal for my business is not to make more and more and more and more money. I want to have a business that supports my family, my church, my kids' schools and my employees and their families. Have reasonably decent equipment and a decent customer list.

Sure, it would be nice to have more, a bunch more. I dream, but my life is not focused on getting more so I have to work 7 days a week and neglect my family and force employees to neglect their families, etc.

Don't get me wrong, there are times when I do work 7 days a week. This past February and even late January, I was working 7 days a week. I was working 18-20 hours a day, for the better part of a month straight. And I felt terrible "ignoring" my family as much as I did. I never even considered it to be honorable. It was something that had to be done because I can't control the weather. Spring work can be controlled to an extent. But, that also allows me to get away with them in the summer. Last summer we spent 2 weeks in Glacier and the Canadian Rockies, and yes, that took money.

But on the flip side, it was 2 weeks I could have been making more money.

Page generated in 0.03755 seconds with 7 queries