View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 08:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

The ground was finally open enough to start cleaning last week... next week we may start mowing,,, and the following week I may put down Milorganite @ .75 lbs./k for the season or wait an extra week for some synfert at the same rate...
Aug-Sept,,, whenever the heat of Summer is past and the grass is actively growing again another .75 lbs for Fall growth and then another .75 lbs before Oct 15th as winterizer...
Slow release is fine for the first 2 apps but the winterizer should be 'used up' before winter dormancy sets in,,, otherwise it is going to be the same as a Spring app after the ground thaws and the prills continue to dissolve,,, even b4 the grass starts growing...
If the soil is particularily barren a full pound per 1000 could be used...

This year looks like out growing season runs from May to Oct.,,,minus the heat weeks/months of lethargy and the drought weeks/months of premature dormancy... so I don't see the need for the conventional wisdom of 4 lbs./k...

basically my answer is ' Yes'...

Page generated in 0.03886 seconds with 7 queries