View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrostis View Post
I've seen VIH head's cause problem's like that a couple of different time's. A lot of time's the pitot tube get's cut with a shovel and the head come's on, if the swingjoint is backfilled around that's not a big deal, but if it isn't then the the head flop's around, at 90 GPM, that can be a problem. But the worst was a toro 690 with a 1 1/2 inlet at 120 psi. The snap ring that hold's the head in the body was gone but the guy working on it didn't realize that. He turned the head on, without the lid, and there is a 1" x 1/2" internally threaded steel rod to hold that lid on. And the gut's of the head blew out and hit the guy in the mouth taking out three of his teeth, breaking his jaw and chipping his orbit. I never put my face over a head when turning it on, and i did this long before that happened, and this why.
I was working on a pool pump when the pot lid came loose. I had my left hand on the lid. Hit myself so hard it knocked my glass eye out (hate it when that happens) and gave me a black eye from the center of my face to the center of my chin.

Good thing it was my left side.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03229 seconds with 7 queries