View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
I think $10 is a good starting point. Last year during EOW my partner took care of the lawns I as I was offered a job to help do Finish Carpentry on the largest home constructed to date in Collier County 32,000 square feet.
I let my old guy pretty much run things the most of late November , all of December and most of January on maintenance. I enjoy the hell out of winter, it is one of the perks of this line of work IMHO and honestly I think it helps with retention allowing them to get the extra hours because I just split the schedule up into two weeks so he was going out every week and drawing a paycheck. I think it is hard to expect to get maintain good employees if they are not being paid every week during part of the year. There is some lost profit by me doing it this way, but honestly, I think it is good to ensure the guy has income coming in and I take much needed relaxation time.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!

Page generated in 0.04138 seconds with 7 queries