View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro 455 View Post
I have that same mower for trimming too. Using it for trimming you probably wouldn't want a striping kit.
But you could use an operator controlled discharge chute (OCDC). Or you'll be trimming one bed and shooting clippings into another bed.

As for the rust, I'd recommend spraying some rust converter onto the metal before you paint. It'll stop the rust from popping back thru your paint. And it makes a good primer so your paint will stick better.

The Exmark makes an excellent trim mower. It moves so much air it sucks the grass under the deck if you get close to them. It cuts down on the need for line trimming.
Being that it will be more for trimming I thought the same about the stripe kit. I would like to save it for my Scag Tiger Cat instead. That is good news about less wit the trimmer. The OCDC, what do they typically go for in price? Rust converter, this should be in any hardware store in the paint department or should I look somewhere in particular? Thanks again all for the help-previous and the future.

Page generated in 0.04161 seconds with 7 queries