View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The business friends you appreciate

I've been very fortunate to work with some other great companies in our industry - landscapers, lawn companies, sprinkler companies, etc. I've found some great local ones from Lawnsite as well - TomTom and a couple others. They truly make business and personal life so much better. I refer work to Tom and other sprinkler companies when I can, like now when I'm overbooked.

But I don't associate with just any ol company (yes Kiril, you can call me an elitist ). I work with the companies that I feel go above and beyond just like we do. I know we all b!tch and moan about the job quite often, but then I hear a great story that made my day.

Another sprinkler guy I know, was at a customers house last week to do a start up. The older lady, 89 years old, walked out back to ask him something and she tripped and fell hard. My buddy stepped right in, calmed her down, called 911 as well as her daughter. He then went to the hospital over the weekend to make sure she was alright!!! That blew me away!! She ended up with a broken knee and shoulder and need 14 stitches, and will be there 3 months. She was adamant about paying him for his service call, and he flat refused. Class act.

These are the kind of people I am humbled to be around. I'm glad that we can work together even though we are doing the same job and are considered competitors in the industry. We work well together, drink beer together, and laugh together. It just really made my day to hear that he went to see her in the hospital. She's not just another dollar to him.
So kudos to my friend Jeff

Page generated in 0.03437 seconds with 7 queries