View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

So today we doing some grading in a backyard. Tight access, only one way in and one way out. Traversing right by the electric meter and where the utilities come in to the house (phone, cable, electric). From driving the machine back and forth back and forth back and forth - the cable line that was buried a mere 8-inches breaks. Customer (an older man in his early 60's) come out furious. Yelling over the machine to me to get my attention as if I was his son. I stop and look at him and he hastily motions for me by moving his fingers horizontally across his neck for me to shut the machine off. So I do and he says "you cut my cable". Just as furious as can be. I explain to him that I did not "cut" his cable, and had the cable company buried it correctly it probably would have never happened. He calms down. He was talking to me like I'm a child, and when ANYONE speaks to me in the wrong tone without being reasonable it instantly sets me off. So I remind him that our contract has the "underground disturbances" clause.

So many personalities, all these different customers. You can never be too well prepared.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Page generated in 0.06558 seconds with 7 queries