Thread: Solitare
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
Quinclorac (otherwise known as Drive) is the product that attacks the crabgrass.
The proper way to do this is to calculate the cost per thousand square feet. Remember it is rather low in cost to add your own Trimec to a quinclorac (Drive) product if you really think you need a grass plus broadleaf product.
For instance at max rate you need .478 ounces per 1000 sqft of Solitaire.
Your max mix rate for Q-4 is 3 oz per 1000 sqft.
Find your cost per ounce and then find your cost per thousand sqft, for each.

My own opinion is to have a separate hand sprayer for crabgrass and a separate back pack or hand sprayer for broadleaves.
Still waiting for someone to invent a two way sprayer for that critical season of crab plus summer weeds. Duct tape is allowed.

Thanks for posting. So, if the Quinclorac is the chem that attacks the crabgrass, why are several people saying the Q4 works better when it has seven times less Quinclorac than Solitaire?

I'm just getting frustrated because I seem to be going back and forth. I just want something that is going to work good and I don't want to waste money. I originally was going to get drive and mix it with speedzone. However that might be a waste of money if it's 80% crabgrass 20% broadleaf In Late June and early August at the time of spraying.

I hear your idea about using two separate sprayers to keep from wasting product that would be a headache to having to go back to areas and spray them with a separate product. I'm not walking properties holding two separate sprayers, I need a backpack. It would be too hard to remember where broadleaf weeds were in order to go to the truck grab the hand sprayer and then go back and hit them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03794 seconds with 7 queries