View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 03:11 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I stand by my strategy of constantly focusing on and striving to satisfy the top 5% of the market. In my experience that top 5% does not respond to direct mail marketing campaigns. For the most part, they don't even see what arrives in the mail or on their doorstep. Furthermore, if you are committed to being the best in the business in your particular market, you will want to keep an eye on how that market perceives your operations. If you prefer to go after the middle of the market (and there is nothing wrong with that) then you have quite a bit more leeway in terms of the types of marketing campaigns that will be accepted / tolerated. It comes down to optics; you don't see your local Bentley or Rolls Royce Dealer putting door hangers onto people's property, or sending out 'junk mail'. Ultimately I suppose there is no right or wrong, and I accept that direct mail must work for some. All I know is that I, along with a good portion of the rest of the population, view 'junk mail' as wasteful and ineffective at gaining my attention as a consumer.

Vive la différence !

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA

Page generated in 0.03192 seconds with 7 queries