View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 07:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee003 View Post
Do you have an example of a Bridge Program for cool season grasses (SE PA) that utilizes milorganite and synfert? I started using milorganite last May (3 applications -- late May, early July and early Sep). Other than hauling around the extra weight, applying Milorganite is a easy process and seems to be yielding very good results. I also used Scott's winterizer in early Nov and Halts in Mar and again in early May. I spot treat with Weed-B-Gon. What else should I consider?
Isn't Scotts s/Halts a pre-m??? 2 pre-ms and broadleaf 'cides are hardly 'organic'... I spot spray weeds but never use pre-m on grass... I build soil structure and plant grass all year round if necessary...

Anyways,,, another thing that 'organics' does,, is allow the plant to better utilize the nutrients available by building a better soil habitat...
One more issue in 'organic',, is the idea of healthy plants growing naturally... the timing of fertilizer apps , is also very important...

I prefer terms like 'Naturally Healthy' rather than 'organics', because it appears that 'organics' is becoming more manmade than synthetics nowdays... soils are ignored as far as their water/air ratio and 'drainage/retention ratios are concerned... soil tests are fine in extreme conditions but grass is essentially a weed that was designed to fill in vacant spots of the planet... a MATURE standof grass exists naturally, but our involvement has made almost every lawn a dependant, struggling mess with barespots,, large and small all over the place...

Points to Ponder...

Page generated in 0.03966 seconds with 7 queries