Thread: Michigan LCO's
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 09:25 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliablelawn View Post
Question for the local guys- I'm located at 696/Woodard and business is getting to the point where I can no longer use friends here and there as part time workers. I want to find someone that is willing to be full time for the mowing season, help out with fall cleanups, and snow. What I don't know is how to go about finding such a person. All my part time help is college kids who go away in the fall and spring. The only thing I can think of is post an ad on craigslist, but am unsure of the type of crowd that would draw in. If any one can share some personal experience with hiring employees and how to go about that, especially the first few employees, I would greatly appreciate that.
I can tell you that recruiting and developing good employees is a major challenge. My advice is to always be looking for talent. If you wait until you have an empty seat on the mower, it's too late. Some places to post ads include: Craigslist, Backpage, Michigan Talent Bank, Paper signs in party stores, etc. I've used all of these w/ varying results. Talk to people and get the word out (like you are right now). I think the best source (when it's an option) is referrals from your current employees. Good luck w/ your search!

Page generated in 0.03690 seconds with 7 queries