View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Oh my god the ones at the end are Ugly. I can normally do 20-25 lawns a day on my crew but my numbers this week were 25 14 18 13 all were working till 8 pm accept for last night we called it it 7:15. My other crew finished, their lawns are easier and a lot smaller. I missed by 6, plus my own plus a neighbor who hasn't had a cut this season. In fact 2 of those 6 have yet to have had a single cut this season. Nothing like triple cutting or more. Of whats left I expect that to take about 12 man hours they are that bad. Iv been surprised one guy came up to me yesterday and said I know your backed up from last week I am glad to see you I don't know what I would do with out ya. But at the same time iv had 4 or 5 get rude on the phone on a message and start with ultimatums including one of the 6 I have left so I am debating kicking his ass to the curb. Had him for 7-8 years or more but now his lawn is thick and lush and way under priced for what is involved today. Always happens I improve the lawn and now the cut price no longer reflects the reality of the lawn.

But the one that has me livid was this old lady that is always delinquent on her bills she has a 1000 dollar balance at all times. It's typically March before she is even and she calls and says she will hire someone else if I can do my job. Funny I kind of recall a 200 dollar payment from you a few weeks back on a 1200 dollar bill have I not shown you enough kindness. Lucky for me my partner takes the calls I forget nothing and I am a lot quicker mentality than him and I would instinctively go for the kill the moment someone gave me that level of bs.

Ironically at the same time I got a old man calling and threatening me demanding I take him back. Course the answer is NO I sent out the contracts in Feb he ignored it and now he has got a lot of nerve thinking I want a 1 acre chem lawn that hasn't been cut once this season now.

Page generated in 0.04115 seconds with 7 queries