View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 08:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting View Post
Mike, there are many things in your posts that you have simplified or mis-stated. That is why the lighting pros on here are suggesting you may be in over your head on this. Personally, given the information presented, I have to agree with them. You last comment re: insurance suggests to me that you may want to have a good long chat directly with your underwriter before you proceed in doing work that you are not properly covered for. It may not be rocket science, but there is a lot more to this work than most acknowledge or comprehend. Building teams of complimentary trades is the mark of a true pro and doing so will help to propel your business in the eyes of your clients. Nobody is capable of doing everything at a top level.
As I said in my last post rather than be helpful & educate tell me what I'm oversimplifying, etc. thats what this site is for.....your response is "call a specialty lighting company". Like all things there is an art to landscape lighting, I understand that completely. I'm not designing a an accent lighting package trying to pick "just the right" accent, fixture, etc. I was told use this many of these fixtures & make it so they turn on.....basically. To be honest I think these fixtures aren't worth a much, i wouldnt have picked them they don't put off nearly enough light for my liking, & are flimsy, but i didn't do the design. I understand completely about building teams of other contractors in 20 yrs in business I have some great relationships with contractors & vendors, just not a landscape lighting. Developing those relationships is almost always trial & error, I've found often in our market we are the ones stuck fixing things. We don't get call backs as a rule, usually everything is done properly then some more, this is the first in a number of years, & should not have happened (wouldn't if I had trusted my instinct instead of the LA either). That's why we got the install in the first place. High end lighting landscape lighting isn't big here, there is some but most is done by landscape contractors "in house" that are less knowledgable than me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03806 seconds with 7 queries