View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 01:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_speedreed View Post
I just shake my head at the guys who mow this crap for pennies. I was at the dealer the other day and met a guy and he was telling me what he was looking for. I told him I had turned down 20 yards like that this year. He gave me his number and I plugged it in my phone. Every phone call I get from a person who hasn't been cut this year will get passed his number. He doesn't "gouge" people either. I apparently gouge people because I feel I should get paid for my time. The $30 weekly cuts I do don't complain about getting gouged when I am in and out in 15 minutes. In fact, I pick up the neighbors and now do 4 $30 cuts in one hour and don't move the truck. Why should I not get paid more to walk the yard and look for landmines?

Something else, the people around here who are just now calling to get cut are doing so because they got a letter from the city. The city ordinance is get it cut within a week of getting the letter and the fine is $100 a day.

So knowing the fine is at minimum $100 why would anyone charge $20 to waste an hour cutting one property? I'm not a charity organization.
I don't get what you and oak nut are talking about. No one said cut it for the std price in this thread, nor for $20 .

Page generated in 0.03436 seconds with 7 queries