Thread: License
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2003, 08:45 AM
SWD SWD is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Texas - West of Austin in the Hill Country
Posts: 989
Here in the state of Texas, you have to have a Commercial Appliator's License, Catagory 3A or a Structural Pest Control License, if you receive any form of income/payment from any form of application of a pesticide. It doesn't matter if it is organic or synthetic. I have either built or maintained golf courses in seven states and noticed the application laws are remarkably similiar in scope and enforcement. With regards to fertilizer, I have never heard of specific application laws just for that.
The important point is wether or not you the applicator, receives payment.
I do work for the spokesman for the TDA, and he informed me license violation fees have gone up 3K% due to the budget shortfall. He also said contact with other States revealed fines are going way, way up as well.
Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.03716 seconds with 8 queries