View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
Depends on what you need it for.

If you are ONLY blowing off a few clippings from a sidewalk, it's mostly overkill.
A hand held will do the job, not take up room in the truck/trailer, and be easier to handle overall.

That said, there are a bunch of things you can do with a backpack that can not be done with a hand held. I ran my first season with a hand held only. I didn't do any leaf jobs that year though. I hate lugging around my backpack, but when I need it, I'm glad I have it. Having the right tool for the job is the biggest advantage.
Couldn't agree more. Here I don't do any leaf clean-ups. I'm only blowing off the edges of driveways, walkways and I make a quick walk around the house. Our drives are so small around here I can have them blown off with my handheld before I could even remove the backpack from the rack, start it and then put it on so my backpacks have been sitting now for a good couple of years.

I see some guys when they are servicing a property and the drive, walk and the road are covered in clippings, I just don't understand how the heck they do that? When I'm done mowing and trimming there is very little clippings on hard surfaces which saves me clean-up time.

If your doing extended blowing or have lots of material to move then a backpack is for you.

Page generated in 0.03270 seconds with 7 queries