Thread: Hess Lawns 2013
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETPRO View Post
Only annuals perennials and some hanging baskets come from New Summerfield. We get a truck every Tuesday during color changes. I might add that those prices I shared were delivered prices with a minimum order. We only order what we can install in a week. With the maintenance routes we have we had no problem filling 4 orders. Last order was two weeks ago and we still have a few stragglers left at the shop but they will be gone in the next 2 weeks.

I griped about the price, but I can say the quality was spot on. Except I passed on the pentas.

We purchase our perennials and shrubs for our install jobs at House in Tyler. They will deliver for a fee. Not a bad deal if you are getting an order of over $800-1000. Their prices are 30-50% lower than what you just listed. Trees we are getting straight for the grower. I can't find decent sized trees anywhere local or at any nursery. (And I am talking at least 30 gal and up.)

But there is a lot to be said for not having to drive anyway or worry about what you might get sent on a delivery.
I stand corrected on New Summerfield. There's around 20 nurseries down there, i was thinking one had shrubs.
That is a lot better deal. It's just not worth the hassle to me. I have a good nursery that is very conveniently located that grows a lot of their own stuff. We make a nice profit off of the prices we get from them so I'm going to stick with that. With that said I wish there was a wholesaler less than a Hr a way.

Page generated in 0.03301 seconds with 7 queries