View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sildoc View Post
So what are you getting when a web developer says they can put you at number one (they all say this)...........
If your experience truly is "they all say this", you've not been dealing with the most legitimate pool to begin with. When it comes to screening an SEO, or web design candidate, the #1 warning sign is anyone saying they'll get you to #1. If they say this, you can safely move along to another candidate. I know of no legitimate companies or consultants who promise this, and they probably say as much in their own copy.

Quote:
After the first year and 2 grand into it I figured I made 5 times what I paid off of the web site.
That's awesome. Interestingly enough, I rarely ever read people mention ROI on here. Bemoaning a $500 or $2,500 site as expensive is something I'll never wrap my head around. It's difficult to come up with a better, long-term ROI of marketing dollars than this.

Quote:
combine the web, craigslist, business cards, postcards and facebook and you can grow rather quickly with a pretty low cost.
Bingo. The synergy of all of these working to drive traffic to your site, which creates a layer of pre-qualification itself, is as strong as it gets.

Page generated in 0.04585 seconds with 7 queries