View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmaroad View Post
Kirk:
Strange my apple trees and other orchards here in TN are dropping fruit. Never seen it this bad. A small Granny Smith in another orchard lost all of its small apples as if they had been frostbit. There was a cool night about two weeks ago when temps dropped to 37...wonder if that might have done it. Let me know if trees have quit dropping.
Talked to my contacted at Unv of KY yesterday. I sent him pictures of the dropped fruit cut open to see the development of the pit (seed) and it was developing fine, if it was frost it would been dark brown and dried.

He's at a loss to what it is, said I've done well and kept a spray schedule so wasn't no peaches with sap coming out so wasn't insects either nor disease.

He didn't mention no reports of others in the area with fruit dropping but now you got me wondering.

Thanks
RAlmaroad

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women

Page generated in 0.03227 seconds with 7 queries