View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a grasshopper, and have been really amazed at the quality of the machine. I especially like the thickness of the deck. It's just so solid. I do cut pretty high grass on occasion and would really benefit from a tractor and bush hog, but at the moment just rely on the Grasshopper to do the cutting. I have the 61" Deck. My only complaint is that in the high grass, much of which is a stemmed type grass, the Grasshopper has to go over and over like 3-4 times to get the cut finished properly. I am not sure if any other mower would do any better, but have been told the Scags won't require such repetitiveness on this type of mowing. A concern I had though, was that in this video here, " http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL5Mlkww6tQ ", the Scag looked cheap and poorly built as the guy mentions and shows the deck is bent. You cannot bend my grasshopper deck like that. The steel is to thick. I have never seen a Scag in person and obviously never tested one. The reviews on here tend to be pretty good. Please advise, have I been misled? And, will the Scag outcut my Grasshopper. FYI, I'm in Arkansas and in a rocky rough environment, I do not abuse my machine, but do occasionally hit rocks, etc.

Big Bad '05 Cummins that has to many goodies to list, and pulls all my crap around with ease.

Page generated in 0.03650 seconds with 7 queries