Thread: Protero
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Member

I just recieved a PV18 pto driven catcher for my Kubota B2670. It took almost 7+ weeks to get it, but it was a new product with the pto driven blower. It is very well made with heavy bearings, cast pulleys, and large 8" tubes. But, no manual to put it together, not even ontheir internet site, bolts were missing flat washers and were loose, Chinese idler bearings that went bad after 3 hours of use, (weren't sealed type),and one flew off the shaft because the bolt thru the bearing didn't have a flat washer on it to hold bearing in place, and it froze up and spun off the bolt, actually both are missing the flat washers needed to keep pulley on shafts. The blower hose was 3" too short to make the connection from output of blower to grass catcher.
The main hose from discharge to intake of blower was almost 18" longer than needed, but at least I could cut down the length instead of trying to stretch it! Now they won't answer my emails, or return my phone calls. So, I owe them frt costs only, and guess that I may end up getting my frt. covered, since I have to go out and outsource the parts I need to get my grass catcher running again. I really like it for what it does, and love the PTO driven blower. It is heavy made, maybe too heavy for sidehill use, but I did at least get to use it for 3 hours and am satisfied with the job it did.
This guy Bob has a good product, but his QC and way of doing business is very lacking to say the least.

Page generated in 0.03890 seconds with 7 queries