View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Member

It depends what your goals are and where you want to be in the future. I think installs take a lot more out of you physically and as others have said there are more overheads, and you need to build up a large client base which may take a fair bit of time unless you spend a fortune on advertising. Over the next 5-10 years as I get older and feeling more sore when I'm doing these ones , I hope to be servicing all the systems I have installed and maybe having a few people still installing for me and just checking on them/sales/marking out the system pre install/as builts etc. I just have the one worker but really need another at the moment and this is supposed to be our quiet season. I have no desire to employ more than 4 people with all the headaches that go with more staff.

I enjoy getting systems going especially when I'm told they have tried numerous companies to fix it that couldn't do it, but I also love the end of an install doing the walk through with the client. There are pros and cons for each though. We had barely any service work 18 months ago during our Summer when it rained way above average. Systems were just turned off for all Summer basically, but there was still installs going on with new landscapes.

Page generated in 0.03221 seconds with 7 queries