View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 12:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
Are you thinking of starting to go with a lighter made Z, do you think a Exmark is to heavy for hills? I have kinda come to the same conclusion I think.

For rugged big jobs for me a mega 72 and for all other cutting a lighter more agile like 52 or 54 that does not tear the turf as easy.

I have heard those Bad Boy Outlaws are really good mowers from every one who owns them and great for the money.

Chasses wise how does it compares with the old Hustler you had. If all the problem areas of your old Hustler were fixed would it had been a keeper?

I am updating my Hustler XR7 Z with the newer style parts. I think for a Mega 72 I believe you told me to buy a Hustler Super new style with a EFI Kaw as far as being the most rugged big cut?
I have decided on the lighter smaller wheelbase CZT with a 60" deck set up to mulch because of its ability to hold hills, and the cut quality was exceptional compared to anything else I've demoed that has a mulching kit on it. The 1 I demoed was very well built with a lighter footprint (no rutting)
capable of mowing smaller properties as well as the larger properties that I have.
But if I recall you like the wide open speed of the Hustler. The Hustler Super z XR7 does not do well up here, pour QOC, bad on hills , soft mushy hydros. I am not a fan of the Hustler product for my area. But for you I would demo a new Outlaw to see if the speed is comparible. I don't know anything about the new Hustler never even demoed one after my last experience.

Ive not had any issues with my Outlaw I have 560 hrs and use it on my larger properties because it will mow at 13mph, the new Outlaws are only 12 mph I think which is good for me, but probly not you Realfast. haha
Demo demo demo

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong

Page generated in 0.03528 seconds with 7 queries