View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Thanks for the great review!!! When I demoed(ICD version) I felt a lot of deck movement, especially on side hills and rough terrain(wash board) but all the time. Did you feel any of this? Here in NH we have a lot of hills so hillside stability is a big concern for me. I didn't like the feeling of the heavy deck mowing, to me it took away from the over feel of the machine. I did not get any scalping as I know that is a concern of Greenology.
Just to help me get an idea, to compare from cutting here to there, how low would you be cutting GMLC when you weren't getting any scalping? Im not sure what your grasses are like etc but I get the impression you don't cut too low to the ground, although there must be times you need a nice low cut?

The town I live in is Castle Hill, which is part of the Hills District, as the name suggests this area is nothing less than hills, so lots of "not level" cutting for me.

I often cut on steep slopes, so it will be interesting to compare the ferris on stability compared with others.

Not too sure what you mean by heavy deck mowing tho, hope you don't mind explaining

Page generated in 0.04486 seconds with 7 queries