My Plan of Attack for this Fall in My Bare Spot would be as followed:
1. Scratch up the surface ground area about 3 inches deep with a small rake (the type with 3 fingers)....just trying to loosen up the soil a bit.
2. Place Organic Compost in bare spot and mix current loosen soil with new organic compost together.
3. Then Hand spread seed over bare spot.
3. Rake seed and ground/organic compost soil together to buried seed into the ground.
4. Take a shovel of organic compost and spread over the bare spot area. Covering any leftover seed that might be exposed.
4. Then wet down the area....giving the bare spot a good soaking.
It sounds like a lot of work....but it would go really quick...and I don't mind doing a little more work for better results.
2013 Ford F450 Super Duty Truck
2010 Exmark Lazer Z 60" deck
2012 ExMark 30" Riding Aerator
2011 John Deere Pro Gator 2020a
2011 Lawn Solution Dual Hyrdo Aerator 24"
2011 Echo Handheld (trimmers to power pruners)
An Old Craftsman 4.0 edger
2007 Big Tex 4ft metal high side 7' x 12' Trailer
2012 PJ 7' x 16' Dump Trailer
2012 Ecolawn Applicator model 200 Compost Spreader
2012 BillyGoat Force 13 Wheeled Blower & MV650SPH Commercial Vacuum