My Plan of Attack for this Fall in My Bare Spot would be as followed:
1. Scratch up the surface ground area about 3 inches deep with a small rake (the type with 3 fingers)....just trying to loosen up the soil a bit.
2. Place Organic Compost in bare spot and mix current loosen soil with new organic compost together.
3. Then Hand spread seed over bare spot.
3. Rake seed and ground/organic compost soil together to buried seed into the ground.
4. Take a shovel of organic compost and spread over the bare spot area. Covering any leftover seed that might be exposed.
4. Then wet down the area....giving the bare spot a good soaking.
It sounds like a lot of work....but it would go really quick...and I don't mind doing a little more work for better results.
2013 Ford F450 Super Duty Truck
2010 Exmark Lazer Z 60" deck
2012 ExMark 30" Riding Aerator
2011 Lawn Solution Dual Hyrdo Aerator 24"
2011 Echo(backpack blower), (hand blower), (chain saw), (hedge trimmer), (string trimmers), & (tree pruner)
Craftsman 4.0 edger
2007 Big Tex 4ft metal high side 7' x 12' Trailer
2012 PJ 7' x 16' Dump Trailer
2012 Ecolawn Applicator model 200 Compost Spreader
2012 BillyGoat Force 13 Wheeled Blower & MV650SPH Commercial Vacuum