View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 09:17 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick13 View Post
My Plan of Attack for this Fall in My Bare Spot would be as followed:

1. Scratch up the surface ground area about 3 inches deep with a small rake (the type with 3 fingers)....just trying to loosen up the soil a bit.

2. Place Organic Compost in bare spot and mix current loosen soil with new organic compost together.

3. Then Hand spread seed over bare spot.

3. Rake seed and ground/organic compost soil together to buried seed into the ground.

4. Take a shovel of organic compost and spread over the bare spot area. Covering any leftover seed that might be exposed.

4. Then wet down the area....giving the bare spot a good soaking.

It sounds like a lot of work....but it would go really quick...and I don't mind doing a little more work for better results.
That is very similar to what I do except I use a "Garden Weasel" type tool to work up soil and mix in compost and seed,,, instead of 3 pronged claw...
For this time of year I'm shortening the process to presoaked seed in a compost slurry and applying that to barespots...

I agree with your premise that the work involved is well worth the results... Good luck...

Page generated in 0.04333 seconds with 7 queries