View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 09:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Thanks for the great review!!! When I demoed(ICD version) I felt a lot of deck movement, especially on side hills and rough terrain(wash board) but all the time. Did you feel any of this? Here in NH we have a lot of hills so hillside stability is a big concern for me. I didn't like the feeling of the heavy deck mowing, to me it took away from the over feel of the machine. I did not get any scalping as I know that is a concern of Greenology.
I didn't notice any more of this than with any other z. As far as hill stability, I would put the 3100 up against anything. It will hold hills up to the point of not feeling safe. I'm talking flipping it over sideways not sliding down hill. I wish I had pictures of the Walmart I used to mow. The slope seriously approached every bit of 50 degrees at some points. I have actually tipped a 62" sd walker over on this same slope, threw me off and I rolled down the hill on my arse. Luckily the machine stayed upright and the hydros kept it from running down the hill after me, it kind of just slid down slow and controlled.

I would trust the 3100 on any slope that you can physically mow with a rider.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03518 seconds with 7 queries