View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Everyone in this thread has hit the nail on the head. There are so many people that once had their grass cut doing it themselves, because of the finanacial situation. Along with that are all of the moonlighters that have a craftsman and a ryobi trimmer and a pickup truck and now they're landscapers. A lot of it can be traced back to the economical dump a few years ago. Like everyone else on here stated, keep advertising, get a website, and be patient. Don't lower your prices to be competitive with these moonlighters. Eventually, they will quit when their riding lawn mower breaks and they can't afford to fix/replace it. Inzane, I found your post earlier quite amusing, because I had found a guy the other day advertising as Northwest Florida Landservices offering $15 cuts under an acre. I actually had people call me(Northwest Florida Landscaping) asking about these $15 cuts and I explained to them that they had called the wrong "business" and I would be happy to take a look at their property, but also explained to them that I don't drop a gate on the trailer for less than $25(and that's for an up and back with a push mower kind of lawn).
2014 Kubota SVL90 CTL
2013 eXmark 60" Lazer Z X-series
2013 eXmark 60" Lazer Z E-series
2013 eXmark Commercial 30"
Echo/Stihl peripherals

Page generated in 0.03835 seconds with 7 queries