View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 01:40 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post

If I show up at the jobsite in shorts and a tank top (some of us have an upper body) and I openly communicate with the client the entire time we're working for them, and I answer their telephone calls and emails immediately, is that less professional than the guy in clean kacky pants and a colored shirt whom you must leave a voice message with each time you try to call him?
Here's my take on this.... In my opinion, the guy that shows up in shorts and tank tops/cutoff t-shirts is more likely to work hard and bust his @$$ to get the job done than the prissy people in khaki pants and polo shirts all tucked in. That's just the way I feel about it. If I were to choose between the 2, id go with the shorts/tank top over the clean pressed look 99% of the time.

My last boss was of the attitude that professional was wearing khaki pants, have on a heavy polo shirt and have it all tucked in. Oh by the way, this was for a golf course maintenance job in 100+ degree temps!!! Funny thing about that guy, he didn't last 1 year and it was the worst year in a very long time for that course...

Keep doin what you're doin!

Page generated in 0.03196 seconds with 7 queries