View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdyrabbit View Post
Thanks to both of you. I've looked at both mowers, but I haven't looked as good at the Ferris in person. I'm going to try to get back by there today. I know I could see the deck fine on the Gravely, but it also has a wider deck. I didn't get on the Ferris when I was looking. Both dealers seem fine. Gravely is a little closer, but only by 15 minutes or so. Not enough to make a difference. I've always heard Gravely has good customer service, but I'm not as familiar with Ferris. To be honest, I had never heard of Ferris until I started looking. Even then I only looked because it has a suspension, but now it seems to be the better mower. My main concern with it is that if they are as good as I keep reading, why do I not see more around?
Posted via Mobile Device
It might be misguided to select your equipment based on what is most popular. The reasons why something is popular or not can vary greatly. Price could be a factor. Maybe those in the areas where you looked have less income, or hold different beliefs in regards to maintaining lawns. Also, paying more doesn't always give you more.

When I was looking at all the ztr available, one thing that stuck in the back of my mind in regards to Ferris was the following; it definitely has a fantastic suspension which will isolate me from the roughness of the ground. But wouldn't that make me go faster, since I do not feel anything, or very little and therefore be more damaging to the mower? A rough terrain at highher speed will be harder on a mower. So having some feel for the roughness of the soil might keep me at a more reasonable speed given the ground condition. There is a price to pay for everything.

Page generated in 0.03532 seconds with 7 queries