View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 05:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
screw the irs. when i was growing up noone paid taxes when mowing a lawn for someone or doing small part time jobs like that. heck i doubt we even made $3000 for the whole summer when working for someone else. never paid a dime. not just me. noone did. it was very normal back in the 80s-90s. the irs doesn't do anything but waste money anyways. i've always paid my taxes from the time i turned 16 and started working normal jobs and i pay them now. i think it's stupid to expect a 13 year old kid to pay taxes. it's not like they are making a ton of money. it's just chump change man. like an allowance or something. did you ever pay taxes on the allowance your parents gave you as a kid for doing chores? i guess you paid taxes on the lemonade you sold out of your driveway for 25 cents a cup too? no way

as far as an older person mowing a few yards on the side. who cares man? the irs will never find out.
We aren't talking about a kid selling lemonade. Do you demand every customer pay you in cash? New laws in last few years require all banks to report all transctions especially related to small business. Chump change as you call it adds up to millions to the IRS. The IRS has almost doubled in size under current administation. I have worked legit jobs since I was 14 paid fed tax, ssi, fica and NYS income tax.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.04142 seconds with 7 queries