View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 10:08 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
Tommy, it doesnt count if it doesnt get used haha. I have some for parts that old but my echos are trashed after 3 yrs, the engines are still good, but the coil . carb, fuel lines all give me grief. I hate working on them I just buy a new echo.
I love my 260T have not looked at the 280 yet, but I also take off te guard
and put on the Edgit which lets out more string which shortens engine life . I run my trimmer for about 3 hrs per day so 3 yrs is all i expect. But my mowers I baby and they last for years . I have a 13 yr old Lazer that I was offered $2500 for but I can't sell it , it just keeps going and it still cuts great.
I tried the edging about 10 years ago. I hated that I got suction when "mowing" with it. It would suck itself to the ground. That and my extra line issue , as there is no more knife to cut off accidentally bumped extra line.

This thing wasn't babied! I go through at least 2 tankfuls a day now, and with my other job, I don't start until 1PM ! I have been slowly dwindling my customer list over the past 4 years due to my other job. I'm not saying it gets used 3 hrs a day, 6 days a week like yours, but at least an hour a day, 6 days a week for the past 4 years. I cut more grass part time then some guys do full time! lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03813 seconds with 7 queries