View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The last professional my mom hired was for a simple concrete slab and a few other minor things. The guy was simply another moron with a truck and ladder. He did do the slab very good though. It was in a difficult area so no heavy machines were used. He bought on of those concrete mixers from lowes and pretty sure he returned it when done. They ended up with about 30 extra bags of concrete which they never came back and got. The bags were located down a steep hill and no way my mom could have moved them. He was supposed to refund my mom the money on these bags, but that never happened.
Of course the bags got soaked and were worthless, and I had to come by and spend the afternoon hauling 'solid concrete' bags up a hill and dump them. Luckily, the golf course let me use one of their utility vehicles and a place to dump them. For some of the minor things they did I caught them using my Dads tools. They guy only had one drill and saw and said it was at another job.
On of the members of his crew walked around in a flip flops all day. They all chain smoked in the garage and the yard was littered with cig buts. Although they did a good job, they left a big mess to clean up which equated into them not getting their final paycheck which was a nice sized check.

Last edited by Will P.C.; 06-28-2013 at 10:47 PM.

Page generated in 0.03878 seconds with 7 queries