View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 08:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I realize that innoculation of AMF does create the exception to the rule,,, but that is getting ahead of ourselves in the point that was being made about turf vs. annual crops...

I appreciate that people believe that plant available P in their soil test reports is the only important numbers that matter,, but my point is that turf has the ability to utilize P beyond the "available P"...

Whereas uninnoculated annual crops are not likely to have time to build the symbiosis with AMF and 'mine' the unavailable P,,, the soil testonly needs to address the available P for agriculture... the reason I was curious about whether soil test would address ALL phos. in the soil is becuz turf grass potentially accesses ALL phos. in the soil...

This moves into new territory regarding the usefullness of ag. based soil test, so plz don't re-explain the current usage of soil test numbers... I'm challenging the concept of P being low for turfgrass just becuz the available P doesn't seem to be high enough for the lab technician running the test...
If I am missing something then perhaps I could be informed as to what EXACTLY I am missing,,, and perhaps it could be done in a manner of intelligent discourse ...

Page generated in 0.04191 seconds with 7 queries