View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I think there is a big difference between wanting to run your business on Holidays and saying you have to. You may have a problem somewhere if you think you have to do something you don't want to when you are supposed to be self employed. One day or a few days off are not going to break you or make you rich. Most customers expect you to take off during Holidays.
I think life is supposed to have a balance of work and relaxation, all year around. Very important to being physically healthy. Very important to the family side of things.
You're a funny guy, what would you do if you had work lined up from here to no end?
And it rained the last 3 days so you didn't get much done.
You'd take the day off?
Really?

You'd lose customers?

Worse still, you'd wait another day so you can really slave because the grass in my necks is as high as the mower will tolerate and I mean to tell you I don't cut "short" grasses so you let it go one more day and you're going to be tarping and raking clumps, it's already real borderline and I have one or two that ARE going to kill me (we're talking HOURS for one yard) and you would wait one more day?

That what you would do?

Sorry man, I can't do that, it really can't wait another day.
I've had folks begging me to do other work for weeks now.

So at present I'd rather work a holiday than slave a work day.

Last edited by herler; 07-04-2013 at 08:02 PM.

Page generated in 0.03967 seconds with 7 queries