View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 10:03 AM
LawnSite Member

mini skid wide or narrow

Hi all,

I am about to purchase an dingo tx525 for my company and find myself wondering if there is any real performance difference in the wide vs narrow track. I have demoed a narrow for a day and saw no issues on established turf but if was dry and I did not get to really put it through the paces on a series of jobs as I would have liked.
I very much liked the power of the unit and because of dealer availability the toro is my best option. It is also extremely easy to operate. We do mostly tree removals but also plenty of general landscaping with it as well carrying and spreading materials. I was not sure if the narrow would feel unstable when carrying a long heavy log on the forks or in a brush grapple. Also I would not want the narrow tracks to be more damaging on turf. Considering them to be able to access small gated areas if the need should arise as I will eventually by a bigger machine down the road.
Has anybody had experience with the narrow tracks, or enough knowledge about them to make an actual comparison between narrow and wide?
Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Page generated in 0.03587 seconds with 7 queries