View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 12:32 AM
White Gardens's Avatar
White Gardens White Gardens is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bloomington IL
Posts: 6,783
The Cation exchange in a soil test is also a factor in the availability of phosphorus being able to be absorbed by and local plants.

In Illinois, Commercial applicators are banned from applying any phosphorus unless a soil sample shows the soil to be deficient. Then an applicator is legal to apply.

Even if you apply a 12-12-12 fertilizer, only a fraction of the phosphorus will be available for plants to uptake.

If only 25% of the P is available, the other 75% then creates P loading in the environment. If it's a synthetic source, then everyone wants to put a stop to it.

If you want results, just apply natural Urea, along with iron and call it a day.

White Gardens On Facebook.......WG Thread......Greencare For Troops......... construction)

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.04543 seconds with 8 queries