View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Propositioned one of my Customers

Now, this is not what you might think....I have a customer that I've done his weedeating for the last 15 years or so. He's been having me mow for him the last few weeks because his mower, which is a 4 yr. old Scag Turf Tiger w/ 72 inch deck and liquid cooled engine, needs a new battery or ignition switch. He's also getting older and is not able to do as much as he once could. Now this is the proposition: That he give me the mower and I would mow his yard for the next so many yrs. for the mower. He said, "What if you quit the mowing business". I told him that we could do a contract that states if I quit, I have to pay a certain, agreed upon amount for the mower. He then said that it sounded like a good idea and he would think about it. When I first mentioned the proposition of trading the mower for me mowing, I was half heartedly joking and wasn't serious but since he's going to think about it, and the more I think about it, I like the idea. I figure the mower, which still only has about 150 hrs, is worth at least $7000 (he paid $12,500). I would probably write a contract that states that I'll mow his yard approx. 30 times a year for the next 4 years (that's $60 per mow = $7,200 ). If something happens that I can't mow it anymore, I would have the option to pay him the balance remaining on the agreed upon price. What do you all think...?? Good deal??
2008 Yamaha 350 Grizzly
742 Bobcat
7x16 Enclosed Homesteader Trailer
7x16 Landscape Trailer
7x16 Landscape Trailer double gates
(2) Snappers Pro 52" WB's
2012 Scag Turf Tiger
Whole bunch of weedeaters and blowers, etc.
[B]MainTainZ Property Services
Taking Care of What God Gave Us

Page generated in 0.04076 seconds with 7 queries