View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Phosporus/AM Fungi

P is a political issue that has mythology wrapped around it so tightly that it is hard to make sense of the realities...

I was lead to believe over the years that AMF was able to "MINE" P from otherwise inaccessible sources by the NM(non-mycor) plant hairs alone...
We are now also supposed to believe that P "LEACHES" though soils into waterways becuz of an experiment that seem to indicate that tiny amounts did indeed move through a box full of dirt...

Both of those exaggerated ideas have been promoted to really put a PC spin on outlawing P and attacking the food industry unnecessarily, IMHO...

I don't know if there can be an non-emotional school girl attitude, free, discussion about an Agenda 21 propaganda piece, but I'm more interested in what is sensible for lawncare and what ,,, if anything,,, can be done to help our lawns access adequate P without applying new sources 'all the time'...
[If this turns into another "bullet in my head" childish crybaby outburst,,, I will be leaving the discussion immediately(unfortunately this HAS TO BE ADDRESSED NOWDAYS)]

Currently my interest lies in the cycling of "Available P" through the clippings and leaves being mulched into the turf... I have my idea and a couple of others' thoughts on the subject, but still looking for a definitive non-PC reality of P in the lawn...

Page generated in 0.04054 seconds with 7 queries